- 1 Boost Up Plug-N-Play Connectivity with Buffalo External Hard Drive
- 2 Buffalo 500 GB External Hard Drive Review
- 3 Buffalo’s MinistationTM Range Of 1TB Portable Hard Drives Review
- 4 Buffalo’s MinistationTM Range Of 2TB Compact Hard Drives Review
- 5 Buffalo’s DriveStation™ Axis Hard Drive With USB 3.0 Review
Boost Up Plug-N-Play Connectivity with Buffalo External Hard Drive
Buffalo Technology (USA) located in Austin, Texas, provides advanced yet cost-efficient solutions for wireless and wired networking solutions and direct storage tools matching the requirements of today’s choosy user. Right from design conception to providing feature-rich practical performance benefits, Buffalo Technology emphasizes on user-friendly solutions for both domestic and office purpose and caters to both MAC and Windows PC computer essentials.
Not only the design and development commencement level, Buffalo Technology also focuses on the value for money with its wide range of user-friendly solutions that are best for both domestic and office purpose. Here we discuss the best 3 Buffalo external hard drive reviews that will help you choose one for your work as per your requirement.
Buffalo 500 GB External Hard Drive Review
Buffalo 500 GB external hard drive is out now with more features and better transfer speeds and offers the better transfer speed. Buffalo has now released the MiniStation Stealth portable storage solution, which is a modest portable hard drive with the better file transfers ever seen. The new Buffalo hard drive is shock resistant and gives you the feeling of having a small notebook. One of its sides has a glossy plastic and the other side has textured rubber.
The corners are rounded on the upper right hand corner, which is quite a welcome change from the otherwise square Stealth. The cable on the USB can be folded into the hard drive in the corner thus saving you from the trouble of carrying a separate cable. So this new Buffalo hard drive is more portable.
The new Buffalo hard drive is designed as per military standards and bears shocks from as high as 2 meters. A small bundle of 5.1×3.5 ounces and 8.2 ounces, this new model is more elegant than the other models. This Buffalo 500 GB external hard drive has utilities for backup, file encryption systems, a RAMDISK, and ECO power management. These utilities are a little difficult to install and need the user to restart the notebook when it is installed completely.
The backup utility may seem a little rudimentary as compared to those that are offered by other companies. The user can choose which directories he can exclude and so it is slightly difficult to handle. The backup software does not specify which are the folders and files that have to be included in the backup. The hard drive has good write speeds and employs the Turbo PC technology. The RAM helps to increase the transfer rates of the files. So the new Buffalo 500 GB external hard drive is beating its competitors into racing ahead.
The all new Buffalo 500 GB external hard drive is thus a fantastic model with a 500 GB capacity and comes at an easy price. It however has a small problem of restarting and does not have bundled applications. The Mini Station gives unmatched levels of transfer speeds and gives an appealing look to the hard drive. Buffalo has many competitors and the new hard drive is just a small chip from the tip of the technological iceberg.
Buffalo’s MinistationTM Range Of 1TB Portable Hard Drives Review
Buffalo 1TB External Hard Drives help store and backup your cherished reserve of favorite audio and video music clips, chosen movies, as well as all the essential data files.
The best-selling Buffalo 1TB external hard drives from its MiniStationTM portable range in the capacity range of 500 GB to 1 TB are listed below:
1) MiniStationTM Stealth with USB 2.0 and interface speed of up to 480 Mbps is a compact Buffalo 1TB external hard drive that displays the usual features of the MiniStationTM range such as Turbo PC enhancement (by about 2 times) and Buffalo Tools software
2) MiniStationTM Extreme with USB 3.0 and interface speed of up to 5Gbps, comes loaded with incorporated Flex Connect USB cable, US Military Standard shock protection feature, as well as free 256-bit AES FDE (Full Disk Encryption) with password lock feature for hard drive during installation to prevent misuse of your protected data files. The internal-fitted shock absorbers sponge up and transmit the shock away from the hard drive and safeguard it from accidental drop of about 2 meters. The usual features of Turbo PC enhancement (by about 4 times) and Buffalo Tools software are also incorporated for this Buffalo hard drive 1TB device.
3) MiniStationTM Thunderbolt transportable hard disc with USB 3.0 Connectivity, providing an unmatched interface speed of up to 10 Gbps for speedier storage interface, and an innovative bus-powered Thunderbolt Hard Drive Technology that enhances the usual file transfer of USB 3.0 by about 2 times faster. Pre-formatted for MAC computers and attuned with Time Machine for complete information support, it includes all the essential cables for plug-n-play on the go. It is ideal for the artistic professional use such as multimedia specialists and offers a single-port optimization for up to six Thunderbolt models.
Buffalo Tools, feature-rich optional software available with Buffalo’s MiniStationTM range offers the features of Buffalo’s Backup Utility for data support, eco Manager for optimal power consumption, RAM DISK setup for high-speed work setting and Secure Lock software for Windows for comprehensive software data encryption control for these Buffalo 1TB hard drive models.
Other than Buffalo’s MiniStation range of 1 TB compact hard drives, Desktop Hard Drives by Buffalo offering external hard drive 1TB include Buffalo DriveStationTM Axis with USB 3.0, offering 5400 RPM HDD and 1 year warranty period, and DriveStationTM Axis Velocity with USB 3.0 with enhanced 7200 RPM HDD and an extended 2 years warranty period. Additionally, a third variant of Buffalo External Hard Drive 1TB namely, DriveStationTM Combo 4 with USB 2.0 and FireWire 400/800, comes with 5400 RPM HDD and 1 year warranty period.
Buffalo’s MinistationTM Range Of 2TB Compact Hard Drives Review
Buffalo 2TB External Hard Drive with USB 3.0 interface is one such convenient portable storage device which suits the backup requirement of both your MAC and Windows computers for that treasured stockpile of your favorite movies, music files (including both audio and video clips) and all your important documents on the go.
MiniStationTM range of Buffalo 2TB external hard drives helps you to archive and share all your valuable files at a high interface speed of 5 Gbps with USB 3.0support.
Currently, two such 2TB lightweight storage devices released in the market by Buffalo, MiniStationTM and MiniStationTM Plus, both offer bus-powered capacity range of 500 GB to 2 TB for all your important data on–the–go,and occupy nominal space catering to one’s active lifestyle requirements of today’s age.
Differing in the warranty period and the shock absorption features, both the models offer the ease of plug-n-play connectivity option and are available in black as of now. Additional features are listed below:
- Turbo PC enhancement feature increases the file transfer rate using the Windows PC high speed RAM by about 2 times in comparison to other similar models in the market, through system adjustments for significant better performance.
- MiniStationTM hard drive comes pre-formatted with USB 3.0 back-up with complete backward compatibility with USB 2.0, and can be plugged into any USB port on the PC and is instantly ready for adding repository of files without further driver and software installation hassles.
- Buffalo Tools, a feature-rich optional software available with Buffalo’s MiniStationTM range can be set up on Windows PC for the following features:
i) Buffalo’s Backup Utility providing back-up for more than one PC using only one external hard drive
ii) Eco Manager to help monitor power consumption through decreased battery usage
iii) RAMDISK to create a small but high-speed setting for working on files by generating a RAM disk on the Windows PC
iv) SecureLock software to ensure complete software data encryption control with password security feature.
What Is The Difference Between MiniStationTM And MiniStationTM Plus
MiniStationTM comes with a warranty period of 1 year, whereas MiniStationTM Plus comes loaded with an extended warranty period of 2 years as well as Hardware Encryption and Shock Protection features. MiniStationTM Plus Buffalo 2tb Hard Drive offers 256-bit AES FDE (Full Disk Encryption)to prevent unlicensed access to your confidential data via password lock for your hard drive during installation.
Additionally, the shock protection feature of Buffalo MiniStation Plus offers the convenience of transportation by protecting your compact hard drive from minor crashes and shudders.
Buffalo’s DriveStation™ Axis Hard Drive With USB 3.0 Review
Apart from Buffalo’s MiniStationTM compact range of 1, 2, 3 and 4 TB hard drives, DriveStation™ Axis External Hard Drive with USB 3.0 interface and USB 2.0 backward compatibility is another convenient Buffalo hard drive to consider.
The Buffalo DriveStation Hard Drives can be positioned vertical or horizontally for flexible space-saving setup. It offers all the usual features of MiniStationTM compact range as listed above (including the Buffalo Tools Software) and enhances file transfer rate by about 4 times with its capacity range of 1 to 4 TB.
It comes with a 1-year warranty period and is additionally fully compatible with Wii U gaming system to store game data.
DriveStation™ Axis Velocity is additionally loaded with high speed 7200 RPM hard drive and USB 3.0 interface, and DriveStation™ Duo with RAID redundancy for flexible archiving and programmed data protection as well as NovaBACKUP® Business Essentials for exhaustive back-up facility.