Buffalo technology has been providing a wide range of NAS solutions for home, small office as well as personal use. The solutions are space efficient and shared storage with an access over the local network. Irrespective of enhanced technological reliability of contemporary NAS solutions the device still remains exposed to data losses and failures.
The most common caused the data loss from NAS storage includes:
- Accidental deletion of important information by user mistake
- Software failure or faulty firmware update
- Hard drive failure
- Faulty firmware update or software failure
To reset the Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo device, one may follow the step by step guidance mentioned in the manual. Resetting the device will restore all your factory settings back as it is. In simple terms it will revert it to the default settings.
- To initiate the process, it is important that you understand the terms very well and strictly follow accordingly.
- The foremost thing you should do is turning off the power switch. The device usually takes about a minute to shut down completely. Therefore it is important to wait for that specific time.
- You need to cleave to the “function” tab and need to turn on your Linkstation. The function tab is located at the back of the device. The power light will start to flash that means, the device is on.
- By holding down the function tab for about a minute while the flash light is on, the device automatically is resetting the configuration.
- If you wish to make changes, all you need to do is go to the menu panel and adjust accordingly.
Resetting the Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo doesn’t take much time. However, it is imperative to have your data and other relevant files restored as resetting the machine will completely wash off your data and there are chances that you may not recover the same. Different Buffalo Linkstation version has different resetting process. With the advancement in the technology there may be slighter difference in the model make, hence, it is important to know which you are looking for.
Incoming search terms:
- reset nas buffalo
- ls210d4d5 buffalo nas hard reset
- linkstation duo reset
- linkstation duo password
- ls220D not rebooting
- reset buffalo linkstation to factory defaults
- password wont reset tereastation buffalo
- factory reset buffalo nas
- buffalo nas e154355
- shutdown buffalo nas on step 2/6